The Eastern Communication Association (ECA) is a professional organization of scholars, teachers, and students of Communication Studies. The ECA was initially established in 1910 and continues as the oldest professional communication association in the United States.
106th Annual ECA Convention
April 22-26, 2015
Alas, July is behind us. This means that the fireworks are over, you can finally take the Thundershirt off the dog, and your attention is migrating away from family vacations and toward Fall academic preparations.
at ECA this means that we have made some changes!
We have been busy this summer creating a more interactive and membership need centered online presence for you. Our new elements include:
- Undated Interest Group pages: The pages now provide easy links to Calls, Bylaws, and Archives as well as provide a regularly updated News list per Interest Group
- Celebrated 2014 Award Winners: We have listed your Award winners from 2014 along with links to information about each honoree and the Call for 2015 nominations… you may see a perfect fit for honoring a colleague or even yourself!
- ECA Philly 2015 on Facebook: We want the information about our Philly convention to be a responsive to your needs as possible; we have already posted hotel room maps and room pictures, restaurant suggestions, and links for local amenities. Join the conversation.
We have also been listening to our members. So far this year, we are already presenting two member driven convention elements:
- Short Course call: This call was written based on the survey responses that YOU provided; we are now in a better position to solicit and offer only the most useful courses
- Mobile App & App Advertising: An in your hand program – and advertising in the hands of your desired audience; along with the standard program, we have responded to your requests that we go green, provide an option for less to carry around, and ensure that our members will see your ad!
We want to keep hearing from you. Email your 2015 Convention Planner J. Kanan Sawyer at ECAphilly2015@gmail.com with ideas, suggestions, or questions. Go to our Facebook page with restaurant recommendations, requests, or to start a conversation about panels and session ideas. We are ready to respond to your needs!
News & Notes
Nomination materials are due by April 20, 2015.
March 30 - April 3, 2016
Hyatt Regency Baltimore
March 29 - April 2, 2017
Omni Parker House
April 25-29, 2018
Omni William Penn Hotel
April 10-14, 2019
Omni Providence Hotel